Daily Tour of the Roman Villa at Giannutri
Discover the Roman Villa at Giannutri with Maregiglio!
Are you soaking up the sun on Giglio Island and feel the itch for an adventure? Fancy diving into the rich tapestry of history and architecture from the bygone Roman era?
Grab this chance and hop on Maregiglio‘s exclusive tour to the Roman Villa, a masterstroke by Domitius / Ahenobarbus family, tucked away on Giannutri Island.
Between June 23rd and September 8th, we cast off from Giglio Porto every Thursday. Aboard the Motorship Costa d’Argento, we set our sights on Giannutri, whisking you away on a journey back in time.
The tour catapults you right into the heart of ancient Rome, touring the Roman Villa of Giannutri, nestled snugly near the tranquil Cala Maestra, just a hop, skip, and a jump from the ferry’s landing spot.
Just a heads up, the Villa is strictly off-limits without official Park Guides. So ditch those private guides and lone wolf ideas. This is an opportunity you simply can’t afford to miss.
Would you like to book and immediately check availability for your desired date? Give this page a visit, where you can eyeball the availability (a green highlight means you’re good to go!) and book your slot in a jiffy.
While you’re there, why not also peek at our other exciting tours, such as:
- Mini-cruise exploring Giannutri’s hidden treasures
- A full day dedicated to snorkeling (also at Giannutri)
Discovering the Marvelous Roman Villa at Giannutri: A Must-See Tour
It was in the 2nd century AD by the historic senatorial Domitius / Ahenobarbus family and is part of a complex of villas owned by family stretching between the coast of Monte Argentario, Giglio Island and Giannutri Island.
The Roman Villa of Giannutri was not only a lavish residence for the family but also a crucial trading hub.
The villa is under the protection of the Superintendence and managed by the Tuscan Archipelago National Park. You may only visit led by a park guide with a maximum of 75 people admitted daily.
The day in Giannutri with the visit to the Roman Villa includes the departure from Porto Santo Stefano on the Maregiglio ferry, a guided tour of the villa that lasts about 50 minutes and a long stop on the island where you can swim.
After the visit, you’ll have the chance to enjoy a long break on the island and indulge in a relaxing swim in the crystal-clear waters.
The return is at about 4:30 pm. Before boarding the Maregiglio ferry, both inbound and outbound, the guide will gather all the participants in one group.
Rely on the official Park Guides for a unique and unforgettable experience discovering the Roman Villa of Giannutri: a journey through time that will leave you breathless.
Roman Villa at Giannutri Tour Itinerary
Here’s a brief overview of our daily “Roman Villa at Giannutri” tour, which, as a reminder, takes place every Thursday from June 23 to September 8.
- 10:00 AM – Meeting point with the park guide Piazzale Candi – Porto Santo Stefano Ferry Terminal
- 10:15 AM – Begin boarding operations on M/N Costa d’Argento – Maregiglio, meeting on board and gathering with the Tuscan Archipelago National Park Guide (wearing a blue shirt)
PLEASE NOTE: It is recommended to arrive at the boarding point with your ticket at least 15 minutes before departure.
- 10:30 AM – Departure from Giglio Porto on board, meeting and gathering with the “Le Orme” Guide (green shirt)
- 11:30 AM – Arrival at Giannutri Island and the beginning of the excursion, together with the “Le Orme” Guide, featuring trekking and snorkeling activities
- 3:45 PM – Boarding from Giannutri Island, again with the M/N Costa d’Argento
- 4:00 PM – Departure from Giannutri Island
- 5:00 PM – Arrival at Giglio Porto We reserve the right to cancel the excursion due to adverse marine weather conditions or force majeure. In those cases, we will refund the excursion.
Duration: FD – Full day
€46.50 Adult ⌉ €28 Reduced (5-12 years) ⌉ Free Infant (0-4 years)
The Giannutri Villa Romana excursion, which includes the ferry and a guided tour of the Roman Villa in Giannutri, has limited availability.
It is always possible to book the ferry to Giannutri Island departing on Thursdays from Giglio Porto at our Ticket Office located at Via Umberto I, 22 – Giglio Porto.
Phone: +39 0564 809309
The fee includes
- Round-trip motorboat navigation from Giglio Island to Giannutri Island
- Licensed guide for the entire tour duration;
- Snorkeling excursion;
- Trekking excursion;
- Giannutri Protected Area Park access ticket;
- Medical and luggage insurance.
The fee does NOT include
- Transfers to the boarding location;
- Anything not explicitly mentioned in the program/description and under “What’s included”.
Important note regarding the Roman Villa Giannutri Tour
Here are some crucial details regarding our daily tour at Giannutri, which you should read in advance:
- The excursion will take place for a minimum of 10 participants;
- We recommend that you arrive at the boarding point at least 15 minutes before departure with your ticket;
- closed shoes, preferably hiking shoes with carved soles, are required for the day;
- on board, you can rent snorkeling equipment for a €3 fee from the “Le Orme” Guide;
- however, if you already own equipment, it is recommended to bring and use your own;
- All visitors are asked to respect the ecosystem, to avoid bringing non-native animal species to the island, respect existing flora and fauna and leave no waste or trace behind;
- Pets may not be taken on the excursion;
- the snorkeling excursion is accessible to anyone aged 14 and above;
- We suggest bringing water, food and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
You can cancel your reservation up to 48 hours before your scheduled departure date.
If you cancel within the deadline, the ticket will be refunded in full. If you cancel after the deadline, no refund will be given.
To receive a refund for your online purchase, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will make the refund by crediting the full amount to the credit card used to make the payment, not including the commission fee.
We reserve the right to cancel the excursion due to adverse marine weather conditions or force majeure.
In those cases, we will refund the excursion.