Discovering Giannutri: Hidden Treasures
A day trip to Giannutri with Maregiglio
Would you like to visit Giannutri and enjoy a fantastic day immersed in the pristine nature of one of the Tuscan Archipelago islands?
Want to grab a spot and keep an eye on real-time availability for your preferred date? You’re in luck! Simply pop over to this page, check out if there’s still room on board (look for the dates highlighted in green) and secure your booking in a jiffy.
You’ll be in good hands with an official guide from the Tuscan Archipelago Park as we set sail from Porto Santo Stefano (don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with information on where to park your car), heading straight for Giannutri. This is the southernmost island of the Tuscan Archipelago, a haven of untouched beauty.
When we hit the eastern shores of the island at Cala Spalmatoio, we’ll drop anchor. The tiny beach, framed by the ruins of an ancient Roman port, will be our starting point for an exciting guided tour.
Why choose Maregiglio for your exclusive Giannutri excursion?
Our mini-cruise is simply the best way to uncover Giannutri’s hidden gems. With one of the official guides from the National Park of the Tuscan Archipelago by your side, you’ll explore the island’s wonders throughout the tour.
On a day trip with Maregiglio, you’ll pack in the following experiences:
- Nature excursion in Archipelago Park, including a stop at one of the island’s private coves;
- Guided tour of Villa Domizia, the luxurious Roman Villa built by the Domitius Ahenobarbus family in early 200 A.D., behind Cala Maestra.
- The visit to the Roman Villa of Giannutri is an exclusive experience offered by the Tuscan Archipelago Park and can only be visited with Official Park Guides, not with other guides. This is why it is truly an opportunity not to be missed.
Those wishing to visit Giannutri with Maregiglio will enjoy a comfortable crossing on board the Motor Vessel Costa d’Argento, the latest addition to the Maregiglio family.
Excursion program to visit Giannutri
Here is a brief overview of our excursion to Giannutri.
- 9:30 am Meeting point with the guide of Archipelago Park, at Piazzale Candi – Porto Santo Stefano
- 9:45 am Boarding with the park guide on the Maregiglio ferry
IMPORTANT: Please arrive at the meeting point at Piazzale Candi with the Park Guide at least 30 minutes before departure, with your ticket in hand.
Do not board independently but accompanied by the Guide.
- 10:00 am Departure from Porto Santo Stefano
- Lunch packs will be given out on board the ferry.
- 11:00 am Arrival on Giannutri Island and start of excursion tour along the path that leads to Punta del Capel Rosso, at the island’s north end.
We’ll stop along the way in one of the island’s secluded, charming inlets.
- 1:00 pm Packed lunch. Our guide will show you the best place to eat lunch and rest.
- 2:00 pm Tour of the Roman villa continues
- 4:00 pm Departure from Giannutri Island,
- 5:00 pm Arrival at Porto S. Stefano.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel the excursion due to adverse marine weather conditions or force majeure.
In those cases, we will refund the ticket.
Duration: FD – Full Day
Giannutri excursion rates with Maregiglio
61.50 € Adults –
38 € Kids (5- 12 years old)
Infants Free (0-4 years old)
The fee includes:
- Round trip transfer from Porto S. Stefano to Giannutri Island
- Official Guide of the Tuscan Archipelago Park for the entire duration of the tour
- Nature trekking ticket
- Roman Villa entrance ticket
- Guided tour of the Roman Villa
- Medical and baggage insurance
- Giannutri Park ticket €5.5
The fee does NOT include:
- Transfers to the boarding location;
- Anything not expressly stated in the program/description and in the “What is included” section.
Important note regarding the Giannutri excursion
Here are some very important pieces of information regarding our Giannutri excursion that you should read in advance:
- We recommend that you arrive at the boarding point at Piazzale Candi with the park guide at least 30 minutes before departure with your ticket, and do not board on your own but in the company of the guide.
- The excursion will take place for a minimum of 10 participants.
- For the excursion hiking shoes must be worn. The guide has the option to not allow participants in the nature excursion if they are not wearing suitable clothing (flip-flops, sandals and leather shoes are not allowed).
- We suggest bringing water, food and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Pets may not be taken on the excursion.
- All visitors are asked to respect the ecosystem, to avoid bringing non-native animal species to the island, respect existing flora and fauna and leave no waste or trace behind
- In the summer or weather permitting, we suggest bringing a towel, hat, sunglasses, a bathing suit, sunscreen, comfortable shoes and water shoes.
You can cancel your reservation up to 48 hours before your scheduled departure date.
If you cancel within the deadline, the ticket will be refunded in full. If you cancel after the deadline, no refund will be given.
To receive a refund for your online purchase, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will make the refund by crediting the full amount to the credit card used to make the payment, not including the commission fee.
We reserve the right to cancel the excursion due to adverse marine weather conditions or force majeure.
In those cases, we will refund the excursion.