The hisotry and flavours of Giglio Island
A day to explore the historical sites of Giglio Castello, an ancient medieval village, still inhabited, part of the Borghi più belli d’Italia (Italy’s most beautiful villages) association. Accompanied by a guide to visit the castle, we’ll go through arches to come to the Church of San Pietro Apostolo guardian of the relics of St. Mamilian and the Ivory Crucifix, some of the island’s true treasures. Next we’ll be guided inside local wineries and hear about winemaking in such a hard-to-reach, rough landscape as told by Irene for the “Altura” winery or Giovanni for the “La Fontuccia” winery. After the tour, we will taste the wine paired with traditional local dishes.
- 9:15 am Meeting point Piazzale Candi – Porto Santo Stefano Ferry Terminal
- 9:35 am Boarding on Maregiglio ferry
- 10:00 am Departure from Porto Santo Stefano
- 11:00 a.m. Arrival on Giglio Island, accompanied by a tourist guide to visit one of the most beautiful villages in Italy: Giglio Castello. We’ll walk through the village on narrow streets, often topped by arches, to get to the Church of San Pietro Apostolo where the Ivory Crucifix is kept.
- 1:00 pm Lunch and winetasting in one of the historic wineries of Giglio Castello at the Altura or La Fontuccia.
- 4:00 pm Transfer to Giglio Porto, stop to walk along the village seafront, dotted with little shops.
- 5:00 pm Departure from Giglio Island
- 6:00 pm Arrival in Porto Santo Stefano
Every Sunday from April to May and October
FD Full day
What is Include
- Transfert Porto S. Stefano/Isola del Giglio A/R
- Transfert on Giglio Island
- Tour Guide
- Giglio Castello Guided Tour
- Lunch and wine testing in one of the winery Altura o La Fontuccia;
- Health and Luggeges Insurance
What is Not Included:
- Tranfert to get to Porto Santo Stefanp;
- Anything is not included in the voice “What is included”
- The excursion will take place for a minimum of 8 participants.
- We recommend that you arrive at the boarding point at least 30 minutes before departure with your ticket.
- To visit the islands, we suggest wearing comfortable hiking shoes and bringing water and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- In fall and spring, we suggest bringing a windbreaker and a small umbrella just in case of rain or wind.
- All visitors are asked to respect the ecosystem and leave no waste or traces.
- Pets not allowed.
- Cancellation Policy: You can cancel your reservation up to 48 hours before your scheduled departure date. If you cancel within the deadline, the ticket will be refunded in full. If you cancel after the deadline, no refund will be given. To receive a refund for your online purchase, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com. We will make the refund by crediting the full amount to the credit card used to make the payment, not including the commission fee. Read the Terms and
- Conditions of the Mini Cruise Service