The Ancient Ways of the Ansonaco
An entire weekend dedicated to the exploration of the island ofGiglio, the second largest island in the Tuscan Archipelago, which amazes with its natural beauty, its crystal clear sea, its splendid seabed and its wild Mediterranean scrub. By choosing this tour, suitable for everyone, you have the opportunity to get to know theisland of Giglio in its most authentic part in complete relaxation, without any hurry; you can walk along old paths and ancient mule tracks. The lowest common denominator of the two treks is his excellenceAnsonaco, the celebrated wine, amber and robust, along with many other delicacies and specialties of the island. In the first route, accompanied by the expert Environmental Guide of ‘The Untraceable‘ we will explore the Franco promontory until we reach the Faraglione, the guardian rock of Camepese Bay. We will enjoy one of the striking sunsets of the bay and return to the hotel for dinner. The following day, we will depart from Giglio Castello along the path from the Castellucci to the Capel Rosso Lighthouse, the southern end of the island. After visiting the lighthouse we will stop at an island winery to visit one of its vineyards. Here we will taste ansonaco accompanied by some local dishes. Unspoiled nature, crystal clear sea, good wine, delightful villages and delicious local products.
Saturday, May 7
10:30 a.m. Meeting Point with the Guide at Piazzale Candi, Ferry Terminal
11:00 a.m. Departure from Porto Santo Stefano by Maregiglio Ferry
12:00 Noon Arrival in Isola del Giglio and accommodation in Hotel Castello Monticello
2:00 p.m.- Trekking to discover the Faraglione Promontory in Giglio Campese-about 6 km
8:00 p.m. dinner at the hotel
Sunday, May 8
9:30 a.m. trekking starting from Giglio Castello along the trail No. 28- 28th passing by the Castellucci and arriving at Capel Rosso
12:00 noon arrival At the Castellari estate. Loc. Scopeto. Vineyard visit.
1:00 p.m. lunch and wine tasting
4:00 p.m. Return to the hotel and pick up bathrobes
5:15 p.m. departure from Giglio Island by Maregiglio ferry
Tasting and lunch
Starting point: Banchina Toscana, Porto Santo Stefano (GR)
Prices per person
12-99 years old adults € 180 in double room
12-99 years old adults € 160 in triple room
What is included
– Transfer Porto S. Stefano/Isola del Giglio A/R
– Licensed guide for the two island treks
– Accommodation 1 night at Hotel*** Castello Monticello treatment HB double room
– Tasting at estate;
– Baggage medical insurance
– landing fee Giglio
What is NOT included:
- Transfers to boarding location;
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the program/description and under “What’s included.”
– The excursion is guaranteed upon reaching
minimum of 8 participants
– We reserve the right to cancel the excursion due to adverse weather conditions and force majeure. In such cases, at the client’s option, we will either refund the excursion or issue a voucher valid until October 30.
– It is recommended to be at the dock meeting point
at least 15 minutes before the departure time for boarding operations.
– Required to wear hiking or sculpted-soled shoes. The guide reserves the right to deny access to the hike to anyone who shows up at the time of departure with inappropriate footwear (e.g., flip-flops, sandals, open shoes, heels, shoes with slippery leather soles).
– The capacity of the berths is reduced in accordance with current COVID 19 safety regulations designed to ensure spacing. All individual equipment and COVID 19 risk prevention measures in effect at the time of booking such as use of masks on board will also be provided. Temperature measurement before boarding etc-
For Info and Reservations:
Cell:+39 327 7309039